The Rationale for our curriculum (Intent)
When designing our new curriculum, we decided to follow a structure of Intent (What we hope to do and why we want to do it), Implementation ( How we are going to do it) and Impact (The outcomes we hope to achieve).
When designing our curriculum we took a number of key factors into consideration; we called non-negotiables that provided the foundation for our curriculum.
They include ensuring that the curriculum:
- Has the needs of the children at the heart of everything we do
- Is based on a strong foundation of oracy
- Meets the needs of our local community
- Is full of exciting, enriching and enjoyable learning experiences
- Provides opportunities for our children, staff and parents to all learn together.
- Positively improves academic outcomes
- Prepares our children to become positive role models in and effective contributors to Society
- Gives our pupils the chance to become the very best versions of themselves.
Or in short, a curriculum which provides only the very best education, opportunities and experiences for all of our pupils.