Stranton Primary School is a learning environment at the heart of its community. We promote care and respect and expect high standards in all aspects of Stranton Primary School life.
Our aim is to meet the needs of young people in preparing them for adulthood and working life in the 21st Century.
The educational vision and curriculum design for Stranton Primary School recognises that:
- The world of 2020 will be very different to the world of today.
- The pace of change is increasing, hence the importance of flexibility
- Young people have, and will have increasingly, greater access to information and learning material independently of School.
- The current curriculum defined in subject terms is not always well suited to equipping every young person with the knowledge, skills and understanding they will need for a fulfilling adult life.
- Curriculum delivery should involve a greater use of adults other than teachers. These could include support staff, graduates, artists, sports people and people from industry and business to support curriculum delivery.
Stranton Primary School’s curriculum policy is based on the following aims:
- To put students at its heart, putting their interests above those of the institution.
- Have a curriculum that is fit for purpose, offering differentiation and personalization
- Prepare all students for a successful adult and working life in a 21st century global society
- First achieve and then exceed expected levels of achievement, attainment and progression.
- Be committed to excellent and continuous improvement.
- Nurture the talents of all and celebrate success.
- Work with Secondary Schools and other providers to ease transition.
- Putting the community at the heart of what we do
- Involves parents/carers at every opportunity
- Be a learning environment that is above all else inspiring.